Monday, March 12, 2012

Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night

I have been meeting myself coming and going over the past couple of weeks.  If you think I'm kidding, I'm not.  I actually said "hi" and "bye" to myself last night and again this morning.  I made coffee for myself but then I didn't return the favor.  I can be rude like that sometimes.


This weekend I did get to spend a little time with the horses, though.  I tended to Bambi's neglected mane and tail, treating it with conditioner and then braiding it.  Then she ran through the sand like she was Babs Derek.  

I think she's a "10" (which is a line I unashamedly stole from one of my friends)....


I also got the horses groomed and they are shedding up a storm!  Bambi is due in close to a month now and while she still isn't huge, she is quickly gaining in the baby-belly department.


The problem, though, is so is her brother.  His baby-belly is almost bigger than hers and I have no idea when he is due or who the daddy is.  I didn't even give him his pneumabort shots.  I am totally unprepared....  Then he insists on picking on her every chance he gets.  Then he wonders why they run him around at feeding time.  Then I wonder why he wonders.


Paula has been quite bored.  Homegirl wants some props (I have no idea if I used any of those words correctly).  I plan on providing sufficient props a soon as possible.



In another week or so I'll also get a few more baby chicks to replace the ones the coyotes feasted on last fall.  I hope Rusty the Rooster will be willing to share his coop.


I've told him if not, then his new name will be Soup.

I think my schedule has even worn poor Sophie out.  I don't want to let her know that next week she'll be visiting the vet and getting her shots.  She thinks life is rough enough as it is.


Goodbye, Ciao, Arrivederci, Hasta Luego, Aloha, Onosayo, and all that jazz.  In other words, until next time!
~J

No comments: