Sunday, January 13, 2013

On the Horizon

Since my move to Colorado in October, things have really been streaming along.


1.  School starts tomorrow.  I'm taking my remaining prerequisites for the nursing program online so my schedule is free to work during the day.  I'm terrified and excited at the same time.  I had to request special permission to take three science classes at once, but those three, plus a psych class, were the ones I needed to start the nursing program this summer.  

I went to Pueblo this week and purchased my books.  $500+ later, they are sitting on my desk in the office, ready for use.  Science is expensive!  Here's what is on the agenda this semester:
Anatomy & Physiology II
Microbiology
Human Growth and Development
Pathophysiology

Wish me luck!!

2.  I've been working a lot (including three on-call cases this weekend), but I love my job!  I work with some really incredible people.  The other techs, nurses, and doctors are always so supportive and helpful.  These people are my inspiration.  I can't wait to become a nurse!

3.  I tried burpees for the first time last week.  All I can say is WOW.  Oh, and OW. And holy COW.

4.  The playoffs...I feel the same way about them: wow, ow, and holy cow.  These games have been more interesting than I can remember the Superbowl being in many years.  And yes, I felt obliged to root for the Broncos.  That's why they lost, I'm certain of it.

Sorry, Ponies.  But look at it this way.  At least you're not the Chefs.

5.  I have the most amazing husband in the world.  That is all.  Over and out.

To infinity and beyond,
~J

No comments: