Friday, April 13, 2012

Chicks!

I can't believe I haven't updated my blog in so long!


I know, I know.  Don't give me that look!

So many exciting things have been happening.  I will be making up for lost blogging time quickly because I have so much to post.  I decided to start with the cutest ones first: my FIRST homegrown baby mutt-chicks!!


They are out of a Rhode Island Red hen and by an Easter Egger rooster.  I have no idea what the right way to state that is so I'll just use horse-lingo and hope the info gets across the right way.  The hen hatched out her eggs--her first try, and I got nine healthy chicks but unfortunately lost two that I tried to keep with her, so the remainder are in the brooder to keep them safe.

I mean, a chick has cute as this really needs to be spoiled, am I right?


She's showing off her drumstick....

Here's Rusty, the proud papa.


And Helen, the proud momma.


I actually don't know if they're that proud.  They seem fairly oblivious, but I'll just assume, if they knew what was in the brooder, they'd be pretty darned proud.

So for tonight, that's the last peep out of me,
~J

No comments: