Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My Favorite Recipes

I'm always trying to healthy.  With my hectic schedule, lack of a proper kitchen and my epic level of impatience when I get hungry, it can get rather difficult to find recipes that work for my situation.  However, I have found a few and to boot...they are delicious!  So, I thought I'd share the wealth.  You can try them first and then thank me later.  Click on the pictures or recipe name to reach the webpage with the recipe.

Salsa Verde Crockpot Tacos from The Novice Chef 


Photo from The Novice Chef

These tacos are AWESOME.  If you can't find the cotija cheese she suggests, any cheese, or even no cheese at all, works.  I also prefer bottled salsa verde over canned, but the canned isn't bad by any means.


Photo from The Pioneer Woman

I have a difficult time getting through two weeks without a strong craving for this amazing salad.  To say it has a lot of flavor is like saying Tom Selleck has a mustache.  Don't panic if you don't want to buy 20 kinds of veggies--just pick out a few favorites and go with it!  All the ingredients is great, but as they say, the secret's in the sauce!

Cilantro-lime Salsa (no link because this one is my gift to you, kids)
Not my photo, but it looks just like this.

I love this salsa on about anything--chips, baked potatoes, a sweet pepper frittata, mixed with ranch dressing for a wrap--you name it!  It's also easy to make--just be sure to eat it in two or three days because the cilantro starts to turn after that.  If it goes bad you can taste it, so don't worry.  Much like my overly acidic stomach, it will let you know when it's about to turn on you.

Ingredients:
Cilantro (to taste--usually a big handful for me)
1 can rotel
Juice of 1/2 of a lime
1 jalapeno (remove the seeds if you can't take the heat.  You can stay in the kitchen, though)
Onion to taste
1 clove of garlic

I throw the jalapeno, garlic, and onion in a food processor and chop, then add the cilantro and lime juice and chop again.  Then I add the rotel.  You can add salt if you like as well.

Easy peasey!

I hope you enjoy these few recipes that I blatantly stole off the internet, then tested, time and time again, before feeling they were worthy of my awesome audience.  It was hard work, but then again, you're worth it--both of you.

Let there be an abundant farmhouse feast,
~J

1 comment:

Alan T Hainkel said...

If only cilantro didn't taste like soap to me, I'm sure they'd all be wonderful... :/