Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Whew!


Someone forgot to tell the farm that this is my spring "break."  I can't wait to get back to school so I can rest!

As a continuation from my busy weekend, Monday I loaded up all the irrigation pipe that Dad and I had cut apart on Sunday.  It took me five hours to load up 3.3 tons of pipe by hand because almost half of it was buried in the blow sand out in the tree row.  Ah, good times....  I also got the one volunteer tree to by the north entrance that I really want to keep trimmed up so it looks like it's supposed to be there.

So, Monday I didn't do much else, but yesterday I went and sold the pipe, went to the feed store, came home and picked up Dad (who had driven his work truck out to to the farm), then we ate lunch, had a meeting at the FSA office, then returned to the farm where I dropped off Dad, then I went into town, put gas in my truck, drove out to Dad's work and traded him vehicles (since we're still playing musical vehicles), drove the Sequoya to town and washed and gassed it, then went to the store and came home.  Then I wormed and brushed the horses, installed a battery-operated automatic sprayer in one of the horse shelters (I thought I'd try it in one and see if it works before buying another), filled up the water tanks and did chores.  

I traded out vehicles so I could drive to the city today to pick up maintenance items for the lawnmower.  It's not difficult to guess what I'll be doing tomorrow and Friday!

No rest for the wicked!
~J

No comments: