Wednesday, June 29, 2011

For The Birds

I think my little farm has gone to the birds....

A couple of days ago I weeded my veggie/herb garden, and that tickled them plum to death.

Uh, guys...can I put this in the compost pile before you go through it?

Even birds of the non-domesticated nature are sure to let me know what they want. This little guy fell out of the top of my shop ceiling so I put him back.

These kids have some 'tude.

Don't get too comfy, Chiclets. You're not going to roost in here after I get this place fixed up!

The turkeys firmly believe they own the place as well.

I do have one turkey that isn't thriving (in the middle). There isn't anything wrong with her aside from her small stature, so nothing I can really do except wait and see if she makes it. I call her "Can't Get Right" (name that movie).

Mr Boucher and his brother Mr Boucher (because I can't tell them apart) used to be my only roosters.

Not anymore. Fancy Pants here decided to crow the other morning.

As well as this Americauna "pullet."

So far the Mr Boucher twins are still top dogs...er, birds, so there is harmony in the coop. If that changes, I might have some tough decisions to make.

Like whether to make Coq au Vin or Chicken-n-Dumplings.

Don't worry kids, you're not the dumplings!

See you turkeys later,

~J

2 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Love the group shot at the end.

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Uh oh - extra roosters! Cute post :)