Friday, December 9, 2011

My Work

I've been spending my post-finals days organizing, planning, and preparing (okay, okay...and sleeping).  I've gathered up as much of my previous written work as possible, and I've spoken to my awesome brother about helping me with an online portfolio.  

For the past few hours I've also been wading through the quagmire that is my external hard-drive, attempting to find the photos that best showcase my work over the past couple of years.  While I'm in no way claiming to possess the skills of a professional photographer, I do want to show that my pictures can be palatable enough for dual writing/photography assignments.  So, I plan to include a section on photography in my online portfolio. 


I took a picture of my gloves one day when I was stacking hay.  I have no idea why.  I'm sort of random like that.  I do think that it turned out to be kind of a nice picture, though, in a rustic, old field-hand sort of way.



I published this photo back when I wrote about the old cemetery in Colorado.  I decided to try a different treatment on it, though, which I think added a bit more interest to the composition (I have no idea if I'm using any of those words in the right context, but for a second it sounded like I might know what I was talking about, right?).  



I took this photo when I lived out in Missouri.  It only took me three years to figure out how to get a proper crop proportion on it (proving, once again, that I am no pro, Moe).



I have some old-timey photos on my hard-drive as well.  I captured this one back in 2004 at the Boothill Cemetery in Tombstone, Arizona.  Be sure to click on the picture for a larger version so you can read the tombstone. You'll just die laughing....



This photo is even older--from way back in 2003.  This is of a pagoda in the center of Seoul, South Korea.  South Korea is a very beautiful and very cold country.  Fortunately it is filled with very warm people! We were treated so well there. I would love to go back one day.  It doesn't hurt at all that I got two authentic Coach purses there for $60.  Annyeonghaseyo!!


Even older still is this scanned image (because it was taken before the advent of digital cameras--and I feel really old and now very depressed) of the Ring of Kerry, on the west coast of Ireland.  It was truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.  

This ends our slide show for this evening, but never fear--there is plenty more where this came from.

More or less,
~Les Moore

1 comment:

Alan T Hainkel said...

Good stuff, kid... I've seen that tombstone before... They used one just like it in the movie "Tombstone" with Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer... :D