I have a list of things in my brain I need to get out on paper (albeit of the virtual sort) and I don't have a lot of pictures to go with it, so here's a kitty.
Not that one needs an excuse for a kitty. This is Milton's momma by the way, looking down on me from the barn loft. You can see the barn has needed a new roof for many years, but the poor old building is too far gone, so it's standing there patiently waiting for its demise one day. I thought it was a cute pose for her anyway. I shall call it "Kitteh of Enlightenment." She will guide the way to a plane of higher thought. Okey dokey?
Anyway, as I said, I have a few things I'd like to write about.
1. First of all, I'm so happy to announce that I am once again officially, gainfully employed! I am working as a CNA only seven miles away.
I didn't mean for that to rhyme. I accidentally do that all the time.
No more rhymes, I mean it! Anybody want a peanut?
2. A couple of weeks ago was an emotional roller-coaster! I got a "new" car on Saturday, Harley passed away on Sunday and then I got a job offer on Friday.
I think I need a vacation!
3. Finals are finished and grades are in. I was shocked to see I had an A in A&P. That was really the most difficult class I can remember taking. I didn't have an A all semester but the extra credit I did must have boosted me enough. I can't say the same for Spanish. I had an A all semester long, got a B on the final and ended up with a B in the class. That stinks, but other than that one B I had all A's, so I can't complain too much!
4. I got all of the chicks moved outside now and they are doing great. They crack me up, though, how much braver they get with each passing day. They get about two feet braver--two feet further away from the coop--with each day. The older chickens are being nice to them, too, for the most part.
5. I forgot to mention that I work nights now. It's taken a while to get used to my new schedule and that second night I thought I wasn't going to be able to do it, but after that it got much better quickly and I sort of like it now. Even though I get plenty of sleep I feel like I have more hours in the day this way. I have all the yard work caught up, got all the rest of the scrap metal cleaned up, got that area mowed, got the house cleaned and I've updated many pages on my genealogy website (https://sites.google.com/site/mccandlessfamilygenealogy/). Can't complain about that either!
6. I enrolled for the fall as well. It will hopefully be the last semester completed before entering into the nursing program. I'm taking Microbiology, Pharmacology, and Pathophysiology. After taking those classes I think I'll need to take Tequilaology.
7. I've been watching old Buster Keaton show episodes. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era.
Well, it's time for me to go to work. Goodnight world!