Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ugly Little Roo

Not counting my new chicks, I currently have two roosters.  The first, Rusty, is a stately and proud Easter Egger Roo:


The second is a...um...homely little Silkie Roo I affectionally call Tuk Tuk (because that's all he says--"took-took."  He even has his own theme song, apparently).


Tuk Tuk is most definitely the low guy in the pecking order and he's not exactly a show-quality chicken anyway.  I'm not sure why he turned out so sad-looking, but the one thing that makes me love this little chicken the most is his indomitable spirit.


I believe I can fly...I believe I can touch the sky!


Tuk Tuk might not be the best looking bird ever, but he's definitely got the most character!

The bird is the word,
~J

1 comment:

MTWaggin said...

Isn't it cool how with most true animal lovers it isn't always the prettiest one that we fall for! :)