Monday, December 8, 2008

Welcome Home Fabian!

I just can't thank Linda and Barry Cole enough for giving me the opportunity to own this colt. They could have certainly sold him, with his pedigree, looks, and gorgeous coloring, but instead they chose to allow me the opporunity to raise and show this fine young colt. I also should say this is a welcome home for his momma, Seeker! It is soooo good to have her back home. I've had her for almost 4 years now, and missed her easy-going, quietly dignified personality over the last year or so. The Coles took such outstanding care and saved Seekers life. Without their dedication Fabian would not be here today.

Seeker is being considered for the local 4H program in Peculiar. We are working out the details on a lease to ensure this special mare is well cared for and I'm sure she will enjoy all the attention from the children. When she's done with the program she'll come back to me. Maybe by then the market will have improved and I can breed her to Eddie once again for another fabulous foal like Fabian :)

Fabian is going through a bit of an awkward stage right now, but watch out for this boy come spring! I love his quiet attitude, in addition to his other attributes. He's going to be a very fun boy to show! I can't wait!!

No comments: