Saturday, May 7, 2011

He's Still Here

When I uploaded this picture, I was awestruck at how much Bambi...


...looks like her sire.



Then yesterday, I took this picture of Fabian. Again, I see a very familiar face...



...that reminds me of Eddie, in one of my favorite pictures of him.



Now Paula doesn't hold a strong physical resemblance to her daddy,



but the similarities in character are uncanny.


Eddie passed away almost a year ago, and yet, I still get to see him--in his kids that I have here--everyday. I feel truly blessed, not only to have had the honor of owning this great horse, but to also have his legacy. Just like he did, they always bring a smile to my face.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

They are all beautiful horses and it's nice to have Eddie's legacy live on.

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Love the matching pictures - that's too cool! Fun post and lovely horses :)

Sandy Sandy Art said...

You sure have some beautiful horses Jessie. Eddie sure did make his mark.

smazourek said...

He certainly left a wonderful legacy.

I'm also impressed that you managed to catch them all in almost the exact same pose. That's skill.