Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it Monday again already?!

Actually it's not. It's Tuesday. I've lost an entire week of my life. Where did it go? Hmmm...let me see.... Recap!

I'm afraid this is going to be one of those really boring posts that just lists what went on, without any pictures or anything.

Oh please.....

I guess I needed to have at least one photo. That's your gratuitous Sophie picture for the week. You can thank me later.

I tell you what, though, you never know that anyone misses ya until your gone! I was happy to hear that these random musings were actually read once in a while. I guess I'd better straighten my britches up and get on it. Problem is I need to install my personal computer so I can actually download my pictures.

And boy, do I have some pictures. I'll see what I can do for tomorrow!

In the meantime, the top ten things that happened over the course of this last week:

10. My truck gauges mysteriously started working again. I guess it needed three weeks of rest. Do trucks need to rest? Apparently mine does.

9. There's a slight chance I might be related to Christopher McCandless, the guy who went off into the Alaskan wilderness and died of starvation. Somehow I don't think you're too surprised--you know us crazy McCandlesses.

8. I drove 10 hours for a 2 hour meeting yesterday, but it was actually sort of fun. Somehow driving 10 hours once in a while isn't so bad when I'm not driving 100 miles a day anymore!

7. Paula has two things in common with an elephant. (1) She's gray and (2) she never forgets. I rode her on Sunday and it had been at least a month since our last ride and we just pick up after our last lesson--never have to review a thing. I adore her.

6. JJ got cast in his pen. Luckily I was outside and saw him so I calmly rushed over to help free him. The silly rabbit nickered at me when I came into his pen like "Excuse me--a little help here!" He calmly waited while Darlene's husband put a rope around his back feet and we flipped him over. He could have really messed himself up in the fence had he panicked. He's such a good goober.

5. Charlie still feels like a pup thanks to his meds. Metacam rocks!

4. I learned that while I have many talents, installing a door isn't one of them.

3. I became hooked on the 1970's series Soap. Its dorkiness parellels my life all too well.

2. My friends and I are starting to become telepathic. I'll think about calling Jennifer and she texts me. I send an email off to Darlene and there's one waiting in my inbox from her. It's too bad we can't use these powers for good instead of evil.

1. When I was born, my mom shared a room with a lady who had a son on the same day. That lady contacted me this week and she's Eddie's sire's last owner's (Kristi's) stepmom (got that?). Sadly her son died when he was only 3 days old. If he had been a girl, his name would have been Jessie, too. I can't even begin to explain the kind of emotions that surface when I really think about all of this, but I do want to say thank you to Jean for your incredibly kind words and for getting in touch with me. If anyone doubts this isn't a small world then your kidding yourself....

Which leads me to a point. This is such a very small world--you never know who you're going to run into or what might come full circle one day, so this Christmas (or Hanukkah or Kwanza or Winter Solstice) do something nice for someone you don't know. Hold a door open, let someone in in traffic in front of you, or speak friendly to a busy cashier. Just try to do one extra little act of kindness and you never know when it might come full circle.

No comments: