Friday, December 11, 2009

A Little Surprise

When I was at Dad's place, destroying (with permission) the awful paneling in what used to be my brother's room, I discovered something covered-up long ago.


I had hoped once I tore the rest of the paneling off, that there would be more surprises, but these three, small, items were my only retro finds.

Apparently this had been a kid's room for quite some time, and I'm guessing one of the Benintendi kids probably stuck these to the wall sometime in the late 50's while dreaming of faraway, tropical lands.


This one shows some of the native boats on Lake Titicaca.


Another view of Lake Titicaca on the other side, and in the middle, a sticker of a shark.


There's something special about seeing a child's dreams from several decades ago. It gives the house substance--an air of generations past and solidifies the lives that have come and gone within its walls.

No comments: