Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm Alive!!

Ah yes, I'm alive! I've survived the move and am busy getting settled in. The week has just flown, but I've been able to get plenty of much-needed rest and yet keep active enough to keep my back healthy, so no complaints!

The horses are settled in wonderfully. I can't thank Darlene and her family enough for providing such a wonderful temporary home for me and all my critters. Sophie and Charlie are soaking up all the extra attention--I might never be able to move them away from here!

I also got the chance to meet Stephanie, Foxy's (Maybe's) current owner although since we were so busy unloading the truck unfortunately I didn't get as much of a chance to chat with her as I would have liked. She did get to meet JJ and his sisters. We chatted last night and she had wonderful news! She said she had tried some of the training ideas I had thrown out for Foxy and they were working!! So, since she adores her more than anything, she decided to keep Foxy for a while rather than trade her for JJ. I'm thrilled because Foxy deserves a wonderful, loving home like Stephanie can provide and I absolutely love JJ--he's the type of laid-back, easy horse I need so if we can work it out this way then it's the best for everyone. The great news is I still get to very much be a part of Foxy's life in the future.

Don't you just love it when things work out for the best?!

Work has been wonderfully patient while I got my internet installed and my home office set up. I am so very thankful to still have my job, great friends like Darlene and her wonderful family who have made me feel welcome in their home (a VERY special thanks to Sarah for giving up her room--girl, you ROCK!!!!). The horses are happy and doing great as are the dogs. Harley, my old and fat feline, is staying at my dad's and has already caught some mice for him (he is renovating so needless to say there are plenty of gaps for mice to get into the house right now).

Speaking of the renovating, earlier this week, before I was able to work because of the delayed internet installion, I went over to Dad's to help demolish one of the upstair's rooms. I took pics and as soon as I can get the router installed and get my personal computer up, I'll be sharing those. The layers of old wallpaper were so interesting to see. That house has a ton of history and will be beautiful when it's renovation is complete.

Thanks so much to everyone for all your well-wishes and patience while I got moved and settled in. I'm really looking forward to a future filled with less stress and more good times!

No comments: