Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Big Move

Well, it's begun: The big move! Dad arrived last night and we went to dinner, then started working early this morning to get the flatbed he brought loaded up.

Sophie was all ready to brave the cold Northwest wind (notice she's gone under the barbed wire a few too many times in her jacket).

After some organizing and planning we got almost all my panels loaded, along with the plywood I had to line the stalls safely tucked between. Dad strapped them down so snugly that I don't know if they'll ever come off, even when we get them home!

Charlie likes to supervise.

Check out this strap. The ratchet alone for this strap is almost $100! They use these on the big trucks that Dad drives out to the oil rigs so he borrowed one, knowing it would secure the panels safely on the flatbed.

We still used several more straps, but the others weren't quite as monsterous!

I take off early tomorrow morning to take the civic to Painted Prairie and drop off my work equipment, then Dad will pick me up and we'll come back and have our Thanksgiving dinner in Kansas City friday night, then pick up the moving truck Saturday and get all loaded up!

That being said, this might be my last post for a while. I'm having a little trouble getting the internet installer to come out any earlier than December 15th but I'm sure trying!! I have no idea how long I'll be offline, so in the meantime, please enjoy your friends, family, and critters, and give your horses or dogs or cats or kids a big hug for me!!

No comments: