Tuesday, November 10, 2009

April

This is April, aka "Dun Forever N Red," a 2005 APHA Dun Overo Mare, pictured in 2006.


I got April for free one day when I was picking up some horses from an acquaintance. April was a wild little thing and had broken her forehead open right before I arrived.

Her owner was very frustrated with her, so she offered her to me. An extra spot in the trailer meant I couldn't think of a good reason why not, so she came home with me. Windy (pictured in the background) showed April how nice it was to be friendly to people and April soon came around.

After her wound healed and she was halter broke and used to being handled, I got an offer to trade April for Truly (Dakota's momma), so April went to Texas.

This is April today.

She is well cared for,


trained,


and gorgeous.

You can't ask for any outcome better than that for a little untrained, free filly I decided on a whim to take home one day.

Here's her video.

I always love a happy ending!

2 comments:

Alan T Hainkel said...

What an amazingly beautiful creature... :)

Unknown said...

What a pretty girl and what a happy ending =D