Friday, November 6, 2009

A Look Back

While I only just started the blog a little over a year ago, I've always loved taking pictures. I have quite a few that aren't even loaded onto this computer, but I have quire a few that are, too, so I thought I'd share....

Here is Paula (left) and her Aunt Lilly. Lilly was the last foal sired by Eddie's sire, Ima Hustler Too. We had a lot of fun with Lilly at our place.


This picture always cracks me up. This was down in Arizona. One afternoon I looked outside and there were my three mares, all laying down on top of each other in a corner, like hamsters!

When poor Maybe Baby was orphaned I would make Larry stand and let her nurse twice a day. Maybe ate really well but I still wanted her to be able to nurse for a while. Larry was a great mom but only to her own babies! She was such a good horse, though, that if I made her stand she'd mind and let Maybe nurse. Evidenced by this picture, though, Paula wasn't exactly thrilled about sharing her mom with her sister....


This is another favorite picture of mine--my Arizona Girls. From left to right: Larry, Chic, Dixie, and Seeker. As you know, Larry and Chic have passed. Dixie is owned by Kristi Van Etten and Seeker is owned by Kim Noyes. Both girls are doing great!

Maybe and Ben hit the hay (gnuck, gnuck) on a warm summer day....


Rita snoozing. Rita is up in Oregon now with Kelly Fulton, in foal to Eddie for next spring. Keep your fingers crossed--we've been trying for this cross for 3 years now (sigh)!!


I need to show Bambi the following pictures some day. The mare to the left is her momma, Cilla. This was March of '07, so right around the time Bambi was conceived.
I would just like for Bambi to know what her poor momma had to put up with for her to be on this earth.

I've heard of guys going after some tail, but this is a bit ridiculous....


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh her poor tail! What a bugger. I love the horse pile there.