Monday, December 28, 2009

Take'n Care of Business

Next week I'll be in KC for a business meeting, so I've got a long to-do list for this week.

I'm not complaining, though. We'll be at the Crowne Plaza--a place I otherwise would never get to stay at, so it should be a fun little break from the everyday.

Before I go, I've got to take care of a few items, though.

First of all, Sophie needs her shots all brought up-to-date.

Check--got her done this afternoon. Sophie will be boarded since she's such a handful. I'm going to really miss her, but she'll have fun in doggie daycare :)

I'll also really miss Paula and the other kids, but they're in great hands at Painted Prairie.

She's getting spoiled, I think, with her own feeder and her nice warm blanket!

JJ also really gets into his feed.

I did get JJ's registration papers sent out. I am so ashamed--this is the longest it has ever taken me to get one of my babies registered. He's the last one for me to do, but I feel very depressed that my lack of funds has caused his paperwork to be so delayed. At least I'll be starting the new year off on the right foot! JJ will be registered as "BoysCanBeFabulousToo" in both APHA and AQHA. He has enough white to be regular registry in APHA as well, so he'll be all set!

Speaking of all set, Eddie will be home soon after I'm home from my business trip!!!

It's hard to believe it's been two years since I saw my special guy. I miss him so much and am really looking forward to him being home. I can't thank Vicki and Kelly enough for seeing that he not only was well cared for but also whole-heartedly loved and adored during his time away from me. He could not have been in better hands!!

Eddie already has a few 2010 bookings and depending on Kelly's plans she might be breeding a mare as well, so I will go ahead and stand Eddie on a limited basis next year. I will post details once he gets home and I can get some things in order--I don't want to put the cart...er, or shipping container, before the horse! :)

Also a special thanks to Double Bar T Transport for fitting Eddie in on their next haul. They hauled Eddie up to Oregon and adore him, so I'm thrilled they are able to bring him back home as well! Please see their link to the left for all your shipping needs!

No comments: