Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Women's Right to Shoes

Yesterday morning my run was an abysmal failure. The best thing I can say about it is that I did try to run.

Actually I started off quite strong, but between the wind, and then my back protesting quite loudly (I could hear it even with my headphones on), I ended up walking the last quarter mile or so.

I thought about it and really, I'm not being very fair to myself. I'm running in WalMart sneakers. From 2006. With a peeling sole.

No, not an appealing soul. A peeling sole. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

So, anyway, later on this month, I'll fork out for some new running shoes. So, I got to doing some research and I think I'll get these Nike Air Pegasus +27's.

Although Runner's World didn't have a shoe review catagory for "fat farm-girl beginners," the review for this shoe offered what I thought sounded like something I could use: it said the shoe was "perky." I could certainly use some perkiness.

So of course, having found my running shoes (need) I decided to look at cute shoes (want).

I've been eyeballing these Pink Studio "Junnets" for about three weeks now. They're not too much money, so maybe I will get them sometime. I've just needed other things lately...oh, like propane, tires, legal car tags. You know, the boring crap that you have to buy instead of cute shoes.
Then I kept looking, and my oh my, it was the wrong thing to do. I mean, look at these:


And these:


And these:


I think I'll go take a cold shower now. Retailers, you doth not know what you doith to me.

Photobucket

No comments: