Sunday was an extension of the clinic, which Paula and I went to as well. We needed to, and in a future post I'll explain a lot more. We ended at noon, came home, and I finished setting all the posts (all but one) and then jumped in the truck to go to Hoisington to help a friend load up a couple of horses she sold.
Unfortunately the gelding went over the divider in the two horse and subsequently took it out when he got himself out of the predicament, so there was no way to haul a horse in it after that. He was just fine, thank goodness! He's a great horse (Betty's sire, in fact) but just hasn't ever gone anywhere, so between the storms coming in and not having much experience he just didn't have a chance. So...perhaps this next weekend, I'll be taking him to his new home in a stock trailer, so he has plenty of room and will hopefully have an uneventful haul.
Last night I got home and pretty much crashed, and I planned to do the same today. Monday was supposed to be my day off, but at noon I was bored to death, so I went outside and got a few things done, despite the awful, howling winds!
I primed a few of the posts I had set this weekend.
I forgot to mention that last week I got a few more pullets. They are Ameraucana chicks (that lay the "Easter Eggs" so of course I HAD to get some!