Friday, April 3, 2009

Finally a pretty day!

I worked from home today because my back was really acting up yesterday and then after my adjustment last night it was pretty sore. I got up this morning at 5 and started getting ready for work and felt really weak, so I decided not to chance it. I haven't been doing much with working so much and my commute, I am just too tired when I get home to do much and that's really bad for me. So today I rested, stretched, did some work online and then clocked out and went out and groomed the girls. They are all shedding so much! Empress is really coming along so well. Her sores have healed and her rainrot is gone. She has enough fat covering her bones that I can brush her without thinking I'm going to hurt her.

Poor Baby is just so darned small. Everyone is passing her once again. She has a little sore on her back leg that I washed and treated again. She's doing really well with standing tied. Not sure what to do with her yet.... I'd love to find her a good home. She's so dang pretty, but is such a tiny thing and doesn't fit into my program really at all. What to do, what to do......

Good news, though--Laramie got her halter off! She trusted me enough to slip a halter on her without even having a leadrope around her neck, so I thought she had come to the point where I felt like I could catch her out in the pasture fairly easily. Good deal! I HATE leaving halters on!! She's really warmed up to me now and comes up to me seeking attention. She trusts me and although she is super sensitive on her nose, she trusts me enough to let me do what I need to (get that halter on over it) and not freak out LOL. She's such a good minded filly on top of all her other outstanding qualities. I love her!!

Speaking of loving her--I am in awe of Bambi. I am thinking she might have to come into the barn, too. To hell with height LOL. It's funny, when I named her "Beyond Fabulous" I told a friend of mine she really won't be "beyond fabulous" but it's a cute name, so what the heck....but she IS! She IS "beyond fabulous!" She has such a great temperament, too--really fun and you can do anything with her. So, I'm thinking we're going to have to go to a lot of local shows to get both these girls out, since I don't have anyone to help me show them. We'll see....

After that workout my back is feeling much stronger and not so tight. I'm running up to an auction just a couple of miles away tomorrow in hopes to pick up a super-cheap lawnmower. Wish me luck! :)))

No comments: