Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sophie's New Friends

A couple of weeks ago I had to clean up a pile of tin that had sat in the back all through the winter. Little did I know that it was home to a couple of very large bull snakes!


Sophie had never seen critters quite like this before....

Don't worry, they're not poisonous, although they can be pretty cranky for snakes.


These two were pretty docile, though. They just slithered around...


and around...


and around.


...until they found a nice spot to rest and feel safe.

Ultimately Sophie and I just left them alone. Afterall, our mouse population seems well under control thanks to our friendly neighborhood bull snakes.

1 comment:

Krazy Cindy said...

I found a bull snake on the stairs to my basement one spring. I tossed it outside, and the turkeys were fascinated by it. The dog I had at the time (Tasha) was very curious but wouldn't get close to it.