Be forewarned, this is one of those boring posts without pictures. Just so ya know.
1. I ran yesterday for the first time in two weeks and it felt great. I've been sick (cold and then some sort of stomach bug), but now that I'm better, I am itching to run again. It makes me feel so good--it's difficult to explain. It's a natural high, baayyybeee.....
2. I love getting emails about Eddie's babies. I do. Even though he's gone, he is still so important to me, and so are his "kids." I get absolutely giddy when I hear stories or see pictures of them. I don't have human children, so this is probably the closest thing to grandkids I'll ever get. I bust buttons over those kids, I'm so proud of them all.
3. Yesterday I was reminded of why it's so important to wax vehicles. I washed my car and it took half the time. It looks so purty, too. Now I've got to get the truck and trailer waxed!
4. It's hard to believe that I've had to purposefully make the horses' pens muddy. Their feet are cracking because it's been so dry. When it rains, it's barely a sprinkle, so they never get the good soaking they need. Yesterday I ran water, flooding a small area of both pens. The funny thing is, a few months from now I'll be wishing everything was dry again.
5. I feel truly blessed, that I can have the crappiest work day in a long time, where I feel completely unappreciated, exploited and repressed, and then come home, go for a run with the Sophster (who LOVES runs so much that "LOVES" isn't even enough of a word), then feed horses, condition their feet, run water, sit and talk to them while watching the dogs all play--and by the time I go inside I am completely relaxed and happy. I'm really blessed to have such a wonderful home life, that coming home can completely turn my day around.
6. My brother is graduating from college later on this month. He was a high school dropout and now he's graduating with a BS from DeVry. He's really kicked butt. I am so very proud of him.
7. Here lately I find my taste in horses going from halter to the more thoroughbred types. I just find them absolutely gorgeous. I have no idea what's up with that. I really don't. What does it mean?!
8. I enter contests all the time, but I never win. Every time I think, "I'm overdue--this will surely be the one I win!" That's exactly why I sucked at statistics.
9. It's always around this time of year that I wish I was seven again. I used to eat so much Halloween candy and I was tall and thin. Now I just pass by the Halloween candy at the store and I gain five pounds. I find myself running past the displays now. I get weird looks, but it's not the first time I've solicited weird looks, and I'm sure it's not the last.
10. Fall is bittersweet. It's a beautiful window to the end of another cycle of life. Everything must come to an end, though. Without endings, there could be no beginnings. Once again, I've had a year filled with heartache, but once again, there is so much promise in what remains.