Monday, October 25, 2010

This World is Smaller Than You Think

Especially the horse world...

This is the picture of a horse I wanted to buy in 2005. I couldn't afford him, no matter how hard I tried. We were living in Arizona and the cost of living was killing us. I had to take a paycut of 70%, and we were commuting (2 vehicles because of schedules) 90 miles a day. I just couldn't afford him.

Then he came up for sale again in 2006, I think it was. I was home then, doing a bit better, but he was much further away in Tennessee and still the same price. I tried to trade for him, anything to get the price down, but just couldn't arrange it.

Now, four years later, this horse has come into my life again. I'll explain the circumstances soon, but let's just say that it's really amazing how small this world is, and even how much smaller the horse world is. He's not going to be mine, but somehow our paths keep crossing. In some cosmic way we're connected, even if it's only through coincidence.

I have no idea what it all means, but I don't mind a bit. Some souls just get under your skin. And this horse got under mine.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a big boy, can't wait to hear whats in store.

Anonymous said...

I can see why he would - he's a beauty!

Grey Horse Matters said...

He's one gorgeous horse, I so wish you could have him. Maybe it is in the stars that someday you will both be together.

BridgeEtta said...

Maybe on the other side.

Jessie said...

Thanks, all. I've now posted the full story (sorry for the delay--internet is all wonky!!). It's some story to be sure. Poor guy, but at least he's in wonderful hands now.