Monday, November 1, 2010

And Now, Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Program

More about the black horse shortly....

In the meantime, I'm back from another trip to the "Higher State" (which is a bit ironic, considering we saw people picketing for marijuana legalization in downtown Denver).


"Colorful" indeed.


It was a quick trip to go see my brother graduate from college. The goof pictured above just graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in computer programming, taking two and a half years to complete a four year program while working. He even won a prestigious award given to only one graduating student from each school.

I graduated Cum Laude. He's always gotta one-up me. Dork.

I'm completely (sorta) joking. I am so very proud of him. If it wasn't up to me to take pictures at his graduation, I would have been bawling the entire time. He worked his butt off. He deserves the recognition. He deserves a party. He deserves some well-earned time off.

He deserves...a puppy.

That's right. They got Russell. I took him out there with me and left him with them, for several reasons:

1. Nick's wife, my sister-in-law, one of the bravest and sweetest people I know, has raised a terrier and knows exactly what kind of work they take.

2. Nick loves Russell. Russell loves Nick.

3. I lacked the skill, intelligence, fortitude, composure, perseverance, resolution, tenacity, moxie, stability, moral fiber, and sanity to own two terriers at the same time.

4. Russell likes their house better. True story.


So...Russell is in Colorado now. In a higher state. State of what, I don't know, but as long as it's higher, it's all good.

Amiright? Or amiright?

Also, for the record your honor, I did not give Nick my leftover dog as a graduation gift. Sure, I'm cheap and tacky, but not quite that cheap and tacky. It just so happens that a second trip neccessitated me re-evaluating my love of the pooch versus what home would best serve his demeanor. Hey, it sounds good, right?

By the way, lots of pics coming soon.

I pwomiss,


Photobucket

2 comments:

Krazy Cindy said...

Here you are downsizing while my clan grows again. What gives?

Jessie said...

Ha! It seemed awfully quiet at my place last night, but in a nice way, and reports are that Russell has been absolutely perfect there. Apparently he needed more quiet, too!! LOL

Your new mare is lovely!!! There's just something about a gorgeous black horse :)