Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Getting There

The first time I visited Colorado this year, we had a bit of a difficult time finding the Denver Art Museum.

First, I had the wrong destination, period. I was convinced that the King Tut Exhibition was at the Museum of Natural History. Every other Egyptian exhibit had been there, so why wasn't this one?

Oh, I was wrong. I insisted I was right, but I was proven wrong. So, I swallowed my pride and looked up the DAM (Denver Art Museum) and decided it was relatively easy to get to.

Wrong again.

Problem was, there was a big college game going on in downtown Denver that day as well, and they closed the main road I was depending on. So, one detour led to another and then another, and before we knew it, we were traveling away from downtown Denver. Not good.

So, once we figured out where the heck we were, we decided to treat ourselves to lunch at Casa Bonita.

If you haven't ever been, it's a very large Mexican restaurant with live entertainment--including divers!


They jump off into a waterfall when they do their show. Their show also includes a man in a gorilla suit that used to scare Christopher (as in, he would scream at the top of his lungs).


The dork is all grown up now, so he's more interested in what's on his plate than the guy in the gorilla suit.

He may be all grown up, but he's still a dork.


Here's the route we took to get to the museum:

Actually, this was part of an installion piece in the museum, but once we got there, it brought back some not-to-fond recent memories.

Then they had an ex-husband exhibit:

That's not really what it was called, but it was the only way I could relate to these pieces.

Always finding my way out of sticky situations,

Photobucket

No comments: