Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's All Good

I had a very busy, but very good weekend. I've been a day late and a dollar short nearly all my life, but this held especially true this weekend. Despite being perpetually behind, I did manage to make a dent in my to-do list. I got all the tanks filled, one of the heaters hooked up, new salt blocks set in, worked with Betty a bit, cleaned house, wrote out my Christmas cards, did laundry, wormed everyone, trimmed Paula's feet, went to the store, fixed fence, did some work for my "real" job, and even took a few photos when I let the kids out to play.

Sophie was sure to help, albiet in her own way.


Moose is doing great since his gelding! He had a bit of swelling today, but he went out and ran around with the girls and by feeding time the swelling was down considerably.


Paula is also doing better after her vet visit. She can eat much more easily now!


Bambi didn't visit the vet, but she'll also go get her teeth done in a couple of months, along with Fabian.


One of the things I didn't get to was putting my roundpen back together. I had take it apart to get Moose loaded up the other day.


The horses felt great this weekend. Betty ran around like a banshee,


along with Fabian,


and Bambi.


I wish I had this kind of energy!


They even started running in formation. They're auditioning for the rockettes.


They'd better get in a lot more practice. They're completely out of sync.


The Paula got confused. She thought they were trying out to be rockets, rather than rockettes.


And, she's off!!


Bambi got her straighened out, after she did her own Seabiscuit impersonation.


Of course, no matter where the horses were, Sophie was there to keep tabs on them. She has a job to do, afterall.


I have no idea what that job is, but she seems to think it's pretty important.

I think Fabian's letting her know he can take care of things on his own.

Betty has really started joining in on the fun.


Moose was acting pretty squirrel-y himself.


Eventually everyone slowed down to investigate the only area of the pasture that I haven't cleaned all the branches out of yet.


They all cram in one corner like hamsters.


There's just something about the taste of tree bark in the morning.

Huh?

Paula also slowed down and enjoyed a little nosh.


Soon it was time to go in for dinner and the kids ran one final lap around the place, enjoying the last bit of light before the sun set.


I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as we all did!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see them all having so much fun - what great pictures!

Unknown said...

All you guys look awful clean and shiny for this time of year.

Jennifer MacNeill said...

I had a wonderful weekend:) Poor Moose, hope he heals quickly:)

Jessie said...

Thanks, Kate!

Alan, I think they'd look a lot better with your photography skills :)

Ha, Sydney! We just haven't had a bit of moisture for weeks!! The only mud on the place is from when I run the tanks over on purpose so their feet don't dry out.

I'm glad, Jennifer! Moose really has taken the surgery well. He's going to be a fantastic gelding. I'm so excited to get to work on him! :)

Nicole said...

Great photos and looks like the horses were really enjoying themselves!

smazourek said...

That Paula sure is stunning! Moose looked adorable with his little tail all flagged.

Anonymous said...

Aaah, no snow. That looks so good.

Jessie said...

Thanks, Nicole! They really have a blast and get along so well. They're fun to watch because they act like they are all really good friends, the way they play and tease each other.

Thank you, Shannon! I love Paula but you know, I'm prejudice LOL.

CCC, we've had such a terribly dry winter. For once I actually do think we need some snow. I think next year we'll be paying for it. If we have a dry season, it seems the next year we really pay for it.