Friday, June 12, 2009

Pictures from Granby

Sandra sent me a couple more pictures today. I just have to share--it's so great to see these kids being so well taken care of and enjoyed.

Here's Colton (Ringo), looking like he's going along so well after only having been ridden a handful of times.

I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but it looks like Colton just might soon be the new show prospect for a 12 year old girl. Of course he'll be gelded first, then trained and we'd be aiming for their team debut in the show ring in 2010. It's not finalized, so...knock on wood, I'm hoping this all turns out. I am really looking forward to not only having Colton around again, but having such young, up-and-coming stars be a part of my little ranch. Stay tuned!

Sandra also sent me this shot of Benz. She wasn't kidding--he's a big boy (and obviously right in the middle of a good growth spurt)! Benz is Eddie's boy, out of Check Out My Mercedes, a wonderful futurity-winning granddaughter of Impressive now owned by my good friend Kim Noyes.

These poor yearlings--they go through such awkward stages! But Sandra is in love with him and just tells me how much she adores him every time I talk to her. I think Benz is going to turn out to be quite the looker! And of course, under Sandra's terrific care and training I have no doubt this team is going to be quite the amazing team as well!!

No comments: