Saturday, June 27, 2009

"Be like the flower, and turn your face to the sun."

One of my favorite poets, Kahil Gibran said that. The flowers were certainly soaking up the sun today....
The rest of us had to wait for the clouds. It was just too hot earlier. Actually, I did get out earlier, but I didn't get much accomplished.

"A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken." (James Dent)

Yep...the lawnmower broke. Actually the belt did, so the morning was spent trying to locate a belt. It looks like I'll have to pick one up on Monday.

I have to say, I was very upset about not being able to mow (hee, hee....)

So the clouds came out and I got to spend quite a bit of time on Miss Laramie today. I curried the heck out of her when she was still warm and I managed to get quite a bit of hair off. I then thinned and banded her mane (to train and further thin it). I also trimmed her feet for the second time and she was awesome! She just ate her grain and I didn't even have to hang onto her. She's become a real pro!

Unfortunately the only good shot I got of her after all was done was this crummy one off my phone.


Earlier I happened to capture this shot. This is her qualifying mark, by the way. This little strip of white going up the side of her face, is, according to APHA, what makes her a "regular" paint. Talk about getting in by the hair of her chin!
Sophie was also enjoying the cooler evening weather.


But Charlie wasn't enjoying the thunder. Here is his "oh crap" look. You'd think after thunder not killing him for 11 years that he'd get over his phobia, but nope. Silly Charlie....

No comments: