Monday, March 15, 2010

The Only Constant

After work today I rushed home to get one large project in particular taken care of: cleaning out my feed room.

It's truly amazing how much dirty can accumilate in one unused place over the course of just under three years. It was a mess, but I'm pleased to report that my feed room is once again an organized and fairly clean place to store the horses' feed.

In fact, it's even a little better than it was before. As I set up this feed room (for the second time) I reflected on how much had changed over the past few years and how much I've learned. For example, I used to think that this was the perfect picture of equine bliss for me:



Now-a-days, if I had that many horses, I think I'd be on ulcer meds! It was a great time, don't get me wrong, but my priorities have changed. Now I feel like just six is way too many.

I think I'd be ok with four, but not sure if I'll get there.... With horses, less is definitely more!

Tomorrow I hope to get some current pics of everyone, now that the big projects are done. The next project, the foaling stall, won't take too much time. Hopefully. Then brush burning, putting up the roundpen, fencing off my riding area, taking out the cattle pens, putting in a loafing shed and fencing to replace the cattle pens, fixing up the hay shed and clearing out the back area....

then I can rest when I'm dead! :~)

No comments: