Thursday, March 18, 2010

Update on Eddie

I appreciate so very much all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers for Eddie. The support helps so much. All your kind words help so much. It's been a difficult time to be sure. My face is swollen from way too many tears, and I'm emotionally exhausted, but I do have a bit of good news--a glimmer of hope.

Eddie has been moving his leg around more, the swelling has gone down some and he's even tried to put a little weight on that leg. The improvement, noticable albiet slight, means this was most likely an injury and not the final breakdown of his leg. If this theory is true, his chances for recovery are so much greater.

And that, my friends, is great news.

I was afraid to give Eddie the stall in the old barn because he has to step (hop) up to get into it, but I should have never second-guessed his abilities. Eddie knows how to take care of himself and he knows how to be careful. He's really amazing, the way he thinks about every motion and how he's going to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. These past two days have made me see how he survived his terrible injuries in the first place. He's absolutely amazing.

So, Suzie got kicked out (she's weeks away from foaling) and Eddie got the stall to weather the upcoming winter storm. You can see in the picture that he's not putting any weight on his white leg. Hopefully in a few days the picture will be much different. Hopefully he'll be back to his same ole goobery self.

Hopefully.

2 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Poor Eddie! My thoughts and prayers are with him.

Jessie said...

Thanks so much, Jennifer. We definitely need all the good vibes we can get. It will be a long road ahead, no matter which direction it goes....