Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Jury is Still Out

Just a quick update to say one big THANK YOU to everyone for commenting on my new design. Your words echoed my thoughts exactly--"too busy!" I liked the elements seperately, but together it was just too much.

One thing that I keep forgetting is that I want my pictures to pop, not my blog design itself :)

So, I've toned it down a bit. I like this better, I think--the style flows, but I feel like the header is missing something. I think I want to add a tad bit of color in there and the font for "Rose Valley Ranch" isn't quite right. Please add your own thoughts in the comments if you don't mind--it sure helps a lot!

Thank you, too, for all the kind comments. I'm completely self-taught when it comes to graphic design, so I'm blind and in the dark here. Your advice is my beacon of light through the shadows!

Once I get that done, I'll work on fixing my signature. Until then...

Peace out,
Photobucket

6 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I think it looks pretty nice the way it is.I Like the background very much and the header is different and unusual. If you want a little something extra with some color that's up to you. I have no idea how to do this stuff, I just go into the design program at blogger and use their designs.

Nicole said...

I agree, the header needs a little color :) but it's definitely very cool!

smazourek said...

I second the color on the header vote. But it really looks quite classy as it is.

Oak Creek Ranch said...

I really like the new header and the muted background. It doesn't get in the way of the blog itself - or pictures, as you said. I like the font for Rose Valley Ranch - the only thing I would do is make it darker or thicker so you notice it more. I read "life on the funny farm" first - it had more heft or pop or something. Just my thoughts. Bear in mind that I know nothing about this stuff...

Anonymous said...

going to just make a whole bunch of disorganized suggestions, take what you will.
1 - darker, heaver font for "Rose Valley Ranch" it doesn't pop as much
2 - the font for "life on the funny farm" doesn't really go with the rest of the images, its a modern sans-serif annd the rs doesn't really match it
3 - colour! please! are you going to put some colour in the background too? even a beige or light green
4 - where are your critters? you don't have any of them on there, :(

i like it, but i think it could use some colour and your own critters, too. but thats just me. seems kinda plain right now.

Jessie said...

Thank you all again so much!! You've given me a lot to think about and I agree with so much of it. I'm pondering a few ideas right now and hope to have a new header up later on this week.

Thanks again so much--you all are the best :)