Friday, March 25, 2011

Trying

I've been really bad about posting lately, posting quality posts, reading other peoples' posts, and commenting on other posts. I'm in the middle of umpteen million projects, but one of them is to get with the blogging program. I hope to be back on track soon.

"Soon" is a relative term, by the way.

In the meantime, here are a quick 5 things that are on my mind right now, at 6:48AM this Friday morning.

1. I just asked Milton (kitty), "Why are you so retarded?" Sometimes I really hope that no one has a microphone in my house.

2. Everyone thinks that Sophie is so hyper, but she is still in bed. When I saw her get up and walk into the living room, I said "Good morning Strudel (one of my many nicknames for her). You want some breakfast?" She stretched, yawned, and then like a teenager, she smacked her lips, lazily turned around and went back to bed.

3. Evie, on the other hand, was ready to get up at 4AM. I made her stay in her kennel until 6AM, even though she cried until 5AM. I'm more stubborn than her, so I won.

For some reason I don't feel like I won, though. She's running around the house, chasing Milton, and I've got a Big Gulp full of expresso in front of me.

4. Something I didn't know until I started reading about chickens in anticipation of getting my own flock, is that they can be cannibalistic.

Not to worry, I haven't had that problem (yet), but one of the little red ones did get her tail feathers plucked out. She's ok--it's scabbed over and there hasn't been any more injuries, but I think that means it's time to get them outside. We're having a cold snap, though, so we have to try to wait it out until Tuesday. Hopefully they can just hold on a few more days....

Maybe I should get them some Peeps, so they can eat chick-shaped marshmallows, instead of chick-shaped chicks.

5. I was told Spring was here.

It's trying, I think. Sort of like yours truly.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Milton is hilarious! Cannabalistic chicks, yikes! Birds are weird.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Your house sounds like a lot of fun i the morning. Cannibalistic chicks? I never knew that, the kids had a hamster once that started eating himself from the legs up. Disgusting, we had to put little fluffy out of his misery. Anyway, we'll all be here when you have the time. This time of year I find it hard to blog too.

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Milton - in the danger zone lol! That puppy is so darn cute - how can you resist her!?

Have a great weekend! :)

Nicole said...

ahha... I kick my pups outside if my husband leaves for work early b/c if I don't they'll howl and I won't get back to sleep. Although love Milton!!

smazourek said...

Oh my gosh, please get some peeps- you have to take pictures with them if for no other reason than it would be highly amusing.