Monday, March 28, 2011

"One of these things are not like the other..."

Thanks to Sarah R. for the title of this...situation that I find myself in. See, when I went to the store, I was assured that all my chicks were, well, chicks. Girls, females, future hens--pullets!

Yet this morning, I discovered that one of these is not like the others. One of my hens...crowed.


The offending party....


Ruth summoned the flock together for an immediate deliberation.


The vote was a to hold a roast. Here's a sample from Steve Buscemi who stopped by with a new hairdo to assist:


What happened to the baby chicken that misbehaved at school? It was eggspelled.

Seriously, it's ok. I needed a rooster anyway, and he'll sure be a pretty one. I just hope there aren't too many of them as there's no way I could bear to cull them, no matter how tasty they might be. Watch...I'll have a whole flock of boys.

That would be just my cluck.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Oak Creek Ranch said...

We've never been able to cull roosters either. Fortunately, we only have ended up with one in our many years of additions to the flock. We were going to keep him as he was gorgeous, but he kept raping the ladies and they filed a report... we gave him away. Poor Bob.

Alan T Hainkel said...

Very punny, Jessie... :D

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Aw, thy are so cute. I hope for your sake he's not an early riser:)

Grey Horse Matters said...

I was having a little chuckle over this, sorry. He's a handsome guy and I'm sure the chicks will love him. Hope he doesn't get too loud in the mornings.

smazourek said...

LOL

I hope he's the only one too, I've thought about having chickens but am also worried about having to cull the roosters.

Nicole said...

hahaha.. that sucks. well the only real way to tell is to "finger" them... that's what we learned in FFA anyway. LOL

Vintage West said...

I usually end up with a rooster in my pullets too. But it's good to have one because if one of your girls goes broody you'll have cute chicks instead of rotten eggs :)