Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What to Do Today?

Seems that although I don't have to go to work, there is more than enough work to do and errands to run to keep me busy. Yesterday I took the day to go to the chiropractor (a pinched nerve in my hip really had me whining) and on an off chance, I took off to the big city to see if I could get my hair cut. I happened upon a cancelled appointment and the hairdresser cut my hair perfectly. When I asked him about the charges for coloring (because I was pretty unhappy with a recent attempt to cover up all my gray), he gave me too good of a deal to pass up and he colored my hair perfectly as well--my natural color, just sans the gray.

So, that was one thing checked off my to-do list. Let's see...what else is on this list of mine?

1. Buy my car tags

2. Get my driver's license switched over from my married name. It's only been three years since my divorce--this has been on the list for a while....

3. Finish cleaning out and organizing the old house/future shop.

Yikes! This also involves item 3a--taking a load to the county dump.

4. Finish the header for this website and complete a stallion flyer for a friend of mine.

5. Call and pick up Moose's coggins test, so he can go to his new home.

I'm gonna miss the big dork.

6. Replace the floor in my trailer--I found a couple of cracked floorboards, so I'm just going to replace the whole thing. Better safe than sorry! It's a brand new floor, too--so not real happy that I have to do it. I'm thinking that the boards weren't the best quality to begin with(?). Anyway, must get that done, plus buy a new spare tire and patch one of the new tires, so it's all ready to go to the clinic that Paula and I are going to on April 2nd.

I can't wait--it will be a lot of fun and Paula and I can use the work!

7. The chickens are growing up fast, which means I need to get to work finishing both the inside and outside of the coop. I plan on painting it to match, using leftover roofing materials to reroof the top to match the house, and then extending the roost that I started last week.

I need to add a few nesting boxes, too.

8. Getting all those post holes dug, posts installed and fencing up. Right now the skidsteer guy is waiting on a part for the machine, but as soon as that's in he'll be over. He's also going to help me remove the old mailbox and dig the hole for the new one. Once the mailbox and all the posts are up, there will be a lot of painting to do as well (all white)!

9. I need to organize my tack room so I can wash and hang up all the winter blankets that the horses no longer need. It's always so hard to find a good place to hang blankets, so when I stumbled across this, I thought I might try to make it and use it for just that.
The hooks should certainly hold!

10. About a zillion other things, like take a load of metal to the dump, finish getting the garden ready, mulch the new plants in front of the garage, finish ripping the roof off the garage, getting my strawberry patch ready to plant, getting the lawmower ready, finish readying the new building for the horses, finish trimming the trees in the back, refencing the northeast fenceline.....

Well, I could go on and on, but it gets a bit depressing, and I don't have time for depressing. How in the world am I going to get all this done?

One day at a time, my friends. One day at a time.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Is that all you have to do? Piece of cake, should be done by the end of the day I'd say, or at least by the end of next year.

Take it one step at a time and eventually there will be nothing left on your list except to lay back in a lawn chair and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Nicole said...

Goodness, you have enough to keep you occupied into next year :)

smazourek said...

How did you ever find time to be employed?

Seriously though, I hope you can find something soon if you're looking. Financial stability is a good thing. And I'm Martha Stewart apparently.

Gooddog_baddog said...

The sad part is, as you cross things off your list there is always something else that gets added LOL....curious about those hook things: where did you come across those? Interesting to say the least. I am familiar with those type of hooks, but just not used in that way. And what really piqued my interest was WHY there were hanging from a tree?

Krazy Cindy said...

Congrats on moving the Moose :-)