Friday, February 19, 2010

Evolution

Since I live in Kansas, was born and raised here, one might assume that I don't believe in evolution. Actually, I do believe in evolution.

Even more so when it pertains to personal growth!

I've been asked by friends in the past if I could put together ads for them. I sheepishly admit I don't have the talent or skill to complete such a task. Over the years I've made some attempts. Warning: don't drink anything when you scroll down for the first one. You've been warned.

I cannot be held responsible for any damaged keyboards resulting from Dr Pepper spewing from your nostrils.

Swallow your drink...now scroll down.

This is Bear, a colt I purchased as a weanling a few years ago. This was also a very sad attempt at altering a photograph for purposes of promoting a horse.


It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic. Did I think horses really floated in space with a weird radioactive glow to them? I really have no idea what I was thinking....

A few years later I managed this:


Well, better.... Not great, but better. At least Eddie doesn't glow in the dark or look like he's been cut out by a kindergarden class with safty scissors and pasted onto a background. Still leaves much to be desired, though.

Which leads me into this evening. I've stayed up entirely way too late working on this one, but once I got started, I couldn't stop!



In case you're wondering--yes, I did shamelessly steal the layout.


Edward / Eddie--get it?

I know, I know. I plead an insanity defense: it's well past my bedtime.

3 comments:

Krazy Cindy said...

I'm sending you an email with my suggestions. Take them or leave them as you like, I won't be offended :-) BTW, you really have come a long way from that first attempt!

Anonymous said...

So funny, Heather(my oldest daughter) and I are headed tuesday to washington to see the filmming area for Twilight along with some whale watching!
Donna

Jessie said...

Cindy--thanks so much for all the tips! I really appreciate you taking the time to send the tutorial. Hopefully I can get some time to put them to work :)

Donna, that IS funny! I hope you take some pics and post them on FB. I'm so jealous--I would LOVE to go whale watching!!