Thursday, February 4, 2010

Three Things

I'm heading towards another 50+ hour workweek so tonight's post is short and sweet. Just three things:

(1) Make this recipe: Drip Beef, Two Ways

I made it today, using the crock pot, and....

YUM!

That's all I have to say about that.

(2) I've had an epiphany about Sophie.

She's a Katie Girl. That explains a LOT.

(3) For those of you who have asked about Eddie...

His mood is improving everyday! He used to "perform" for his feed--he'd get so excited, do a little dance and rear up when he was feeling really frisky. Today he nickered at me the minute I came out the door, so there is signs of his old self emerging again, thank goodness! He's still a little crabbier than he normally was, but it's to be expected when he's been in quite a bit of pain for so long. He's moving well, though, and we're just in a holding pattern, keeping him on bute to keep him comfortable and waiting for the hoof to grow so I can train it back out to its proper position.

Thank you so much to everyone who has sent well-wishes and prayers for him. I've passed along all your hugs and kisses to him, plus a few of my own :~)

No comments: