Friday, February 12, 2010

More Fun with Photoshop!

Photoshop is a really cool thing. Of course it's not so cool if you use it to deceive people about the way your horse looks as they did featured in this Fuglyhorse post, but it can be a great way to add some "wow" factor to your photos and really draw attention to your horse ads!

This is a picture I took of Colton when Sandra brought him out for a visit. This is the raw photo, no changes made.

Below I removed the leadrope, the birdhouse, and his tail wrap, extended his tail (which took me forever but I sure learned a lot) and ran the automatic noise reduction and smart photo fix.


Then in the photo below I took a sample of the halter color, added his registered name then took a complimentary color and added his info. Then I used the "buttonize" feature and framed out the picture.

Last night a did a couple more similar photo clean-ups:

Everything I've done has been self-taught and I certainly have quite a bit to learn. It's a fun process, though, and Photoshop can certainly add a lot to an otherwise ok photograph. If you have any tips I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Photoshop is fun. Youtube is a great resource for tutorials.

Jessie said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check out youtube :)