Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Horse-isms

While I go about my evening, working horses and doing my chores, I find myself thinking of things that only my fellow horsepeople would understand:

You know you're a horse person if you ask "Ewww...who pooped in the water?" and you're not at the lake on Memorial Day weekend.

You know you're a horse person if you hear, "Well, I got on her today," and it doesn't turn into a deeply personal discovery about one of your female friends.

You know you're a horse person if you can go into the grocery store, buy Listerine, Vaseline, AD&D ointment, baby oil, glycerine, and 15-200 watt lightbulbs and not understand why the checkout guy gives you a weird look.

You know you're a horse person if you look at real estate online, they give you 15 pictures of the house and gardens and you're pissed because they don't show the barn (the only thing you really want to see).

You know you're a horse person if you'll drive 200 miles for the best alfalfa in the state, but the only thing in your cupboards is ramen noodles and Campbell's tomato soup.

You know you're a horse person if you can name the month and year every horse you own was born, but you can't remember your age.


Silly Eddie.....

Oops, time to go out and finish up. Be sure to comment if you can think of anymore!

No comments: