Monday, October 19, 2009

Misty Morning

I actually snapped these early Sunday morning. For some reason Sophie said I HAD to get up at 7am. I told her we were sleeping in, but she kept doing her thing, which is laying across my stomach, fully stretched out and making strange noises.

She's an odd one.

So I got these pictures, thanks to Sophie, of the horses in the early morning frosted dew.

The three of them made quick work of that roundbale--it only lasted a week!

JJ has been admamate about getting some fresh grass before it all dies off and he's got his sister in on it.

He was so obsessed over the grass, in fact (and despite the fact that these two have a roundbale of brome all to themselves), that he was OUT all day long today eating in my yard!

I know he was out all day because he left lovely piles everywhere: in the driveway, in my front yard, in my side yard, in the backyard, by the gates, and in the hay shed.

Dakota was a good girl and stayed in. Thanks to JJ I'll now have to do early morning checks to make sure the fence is HOT HOT HOT all the way around!

What a goober :))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Little bugger. In the spring our gelding slipped under the electric fence. I dunno how he did it but he did.I moved it down a few inches. Good thing it was muddy and I could tell where he had been runnin around.

Jessie said...

Some of them are escape artists! JJ and his sister Paula both have an uncanny knack of knowing if the fence isn't hot. Paula somehow is able to walk through the fence without breaking it. I've never seen her do it but I've found her on the other side of the fence before without a single line of fence down. They're sneaky!! LOL!!