Sunday, October 11, 2009

Office Project

As promised, I finally have pictures of my most recent redecorating project. This was the armoir that I sold. It was a gorgeous piece, but way too big and bulky. I felt like the office always looked cluttered, no matter how much I cleaned and organized.


So I sold the armoir and bought this old desk off of craiglist for $40.



I already had this chair. It's from an old Duncan Phyfe dining set that sort of fell apart. This is of course, the captain's chair. I kept hanging onto it because I liked the style of it too much to toss it out.


So I got to work painting the first coat...

A second and third coat...

Painted the chair, recovered the seat, distressed everything, got some new knobs (which coincidently I already had 6 of--just had to go buy a couple more matching ones) and got everything set up.

I need to take a better picture during the day, but you get the general idea. More work is needed--I need to work out the rest of the room, but I think the desk situation has improved greatly. Not too bad for a $40 desk and a little paint....

No comments: