Monday, October 5, 2009

This It Be Right

Earlier this evening I updated my website and in particular my memorial page (click here). At times I think my life might be easier if I never had any animals, because if I didn't have any, I wouldn't ever have to lose any, but of course that's the beauty in love, isn't it? We give of ourselves, knowing eventually and inevitably, we'll get hurt, but we do it anyway, don't we?

I find it hard to express this sentiment, yet this same night I stumbled across this lovely website that puts those thoughts into words much more eloquently than I ever could:

http://specialhorses.org/thisItBeRight.html

Hope you have some tissues handy.

Much love,
Sappy J and the Gang

2 comments:

Vectormom said...

So sorry for your loss. I think all of us who love our animals so much have to experience such anguish when they leave. They would surely feel the same if we left them. They thank us their whole lives for that one moment. To help them and to just be with them. It's not fair but what would be?

Jessie said...

Completely agree. I always try to think that the reason I hurt is because it really is a loss, and to have a loss I must have really had something special, and to have something that special, I must be truly blessed....