Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Show Horses have Arrived!!

First of all I just can't thank Darlene Worthington enough for going clear to Nebraska and picking up Laramie for me and bringing her and JJ to me!! They didn't pull into my drive until 10pm last night--what an exhausting trip!!! She is a true friend and I don't know what I'd do without all her help. There's no way I could have gotten Laramie anytime soon, and being able to have both these kids home is such a relief, and such an incentive to heal quickly and get to work! :)

Also thanks so much to Maureen Hunt for taking such good care of Laramie while she was in Nebraska. Laramie just got dumped on her and she was absolutely wonderful in caring for Laramie and giving me a chance to get things arranged to pick her up. She's a really great person!

Here are the kids next to Darlene (she's going to kill me for posting this photo LOL), but I had to show how big these kids are. Neither are a year old yet--JJ was born 4/1/08 and Laramie on 4/5/08.

Here is Laramie after we got them settled into the pasture--this shows just how much substance this big girl has:


Here's JJ. He's so hard to get pictures of because he follows me around everywhere!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these kids!!!! I cannot wait to get them into the show ring! We're going to have a blast! :) I am thrilled beyond words--Kim Noyes and Vicki Morgan have been such wonderful friends to me--they have given my broodies such wonderful, loving homes, and in return they've sent me these two AMAZING babies. I am on CLOUD 9!!!!!! :))))
Oh, and in addition to Laramie being such a show stopper, we're going to try to get her AQHA papers as well. It just can't get any better than this!

No comments: