Friday, September 18, 2009

Finding Time

Lately I've been in a very "git-er-done" attitude. I've listed several things I no longer need for sale. I've balanced my checkbook and done my budget for the next few months. I've clipped coupons, matched them up with sales and went to multiple stores to ensure I had the best deals and saved as much money as I could. I got all the horses' feet trimmed, decided to place Patience for adoption and have a few candidates lined up.

In all this, though, I think it's important to take the time to do certain things in life that are so important but often get overlooked.

This morning I started one of them that I've overlooked for the last 10 years--I joined a gym.


I know I lack the self-discipline to work out at home, and although taking care of 6 horses all by myself might seem like it would take a lot of physical activity, it apparently doesn't.

Bambi and I have something in common--we both could live off nothing. We both get fat off air. The only problem is, although it looks cute on her...

...on me, not so much.

So, I joined gym for the first time in 10 years. Hopefully it will help. I'm sure the kids would appreciate it when I go to ride them. :)

I think there are other things we need to make time for in our lives as well:

Laughing more...

I think it's also important to take the time to be thankful and enjoy what you have.

Because you never know when it might be gone tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vectormom said...

So true! I know I've been on a slow but steady (about a pound a week) weight loss streak the past couple of weeks. The pudge on my mare looks cute, but on me, not so much! And she says, that pudge on me, when on her, stinks!! LOL! She's candid that way...LOL! The track around the outside of my riding ring is one tenth of a mile. I walk at least 10 laps a day and that's in dry moderate depth sand right now so that helps. On really crappy days I have my treadmill but that's so boring! Besides, when I walk in the ring, the horses end up following me and I feel like the pied piper!! LOL! Good luck on your new endeavor.

tailwindssouth.blogspot.com