Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Coming Soon to a Funny Farm near You

Or actually, just this funny farm.

Since I won't be able to post tonight I thought I'd take my quick lunch break to preview a bit of what I have planned. Hey, don't judge me. I'm not the only one flaking off at work!

Our hard-earned tax dollars at "work."

So anyway, here's what I have planned for some future blog posts:

(1) Whether we like it or not, winter is coming. I personally would rather skip right over winter, go right into spring, skip summer and settle on into fall again, but Mother Nature refuses to take my advice (she's such a snob) so we just have to cope, I suppose.

There's so much I need to do to get ready for winter around here. I'll talk about my plans, what all I have done *snort* and try to gather some ideas from others to try to make the icy months just a little easier on us all.




(2) Your only clue for this post is, what do these two things have in common?

A Buffalo

and a sombrero.
(3) More farrier work. Much more farrier work....


(4) My office. Before...

and after.



Well, not really (I wish) but I will show what I've done and the exact cost. I think you'll be a bit surprised at how much I saved by selling that monstrosity above. Everyone really loved that armoir, but I'm actually happier with its replacement. More to come!!!

(5) I've been asked by several people (since I'm known as the "horse gal" by my co-workers and non-horsey friends) as to what to do for neglected horses in the area.

It is a sad situation to be sure, but it also brought up some ethical and philosphical questions I'd like to pose.

Stay tuned for our next exciting chapter on "As the Funny Farm Turns" (thanks Mom :). Or, if you prefer, "The Old, Decrepid, Crazy Blonde and The Not-So-Horseless!"

2 comments:

Vectormom said...

Oh you are too funny! Buffalo & a sombrero....I thought of eating buffalo wings on a veranda in a tropical forest on the yucatan peninsula near Cozemel. The forest would be a bit humid but cool and breezy with large colorful parrots about calling in exotic voices. Lush green banana trees catching dew dripping from the vines growing up over ....... OMG!!! I live in FLORIDA....what am I thinking......sorry, I couldn't resist, that really is what came to mind!! Love the office redo and thought, wow how cool of you to be out there on the prairies in the midwest, redecorating with old barn boards and I'm sittin' here readin' about it!! Then I saw, the redo room wasn't actually yours! LOL!! Hava great week! Our temps have finally broken down into the 80s and I think, not positive but fall may be only a couple weeks away. Of course, we don't have winter here, just fall and summer...LOL!

Jessie said...

Oh, you're just rubbing it in about being in Florida--not fair! LOL!! Well, you certainly can paint a purty picture :) I actually wish you were right--I could use a tropical vacation!