Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sales

Because of Dakota's legs I'll need to keep her for the foreseeable future, and since JJ is getting gelded and staying here, since his papa is standing in Oregon another year, I've decided I really need to get down to 5 horses. As weird as it sounds, 5 is very do-able for me. Six is stressful. I know that doesn't make much sense, but trust me, even a little one makes a lot of difference when you work hard to make sure they're all properly fed, wormed, vaccinated, trimmed, groomed, and trained!


That being said, I've decided I'd like to place Patience in a good home. Here's the spiel:

"2009 APHA Sorrel Solid Filly, HYPP N/N, APHA registered as "The Magic Question" (papers in hand). This filly is going to be nice sized, she is nicely put together and as sweet as can be. Halter broke, sound, and an easy keeper. She'll be worked on training to tie this week.

She'd be a perfect youth or 4H prospect. She's a very cute mover, too, with nice extension so I see her with hunter potential as a rider. Only this price because she's solid.

Sire has 28 APHA halter points, was a 2004 Honor Roll Leader and placed top 10 at APHA World. He is a son of the legendary (now-deceased) APHA leading sire Mighty Awesome out of a Page Impressive/Do Do Chick mare. Dam is a daughter of Doncha Luv Magic and a producer of a pleasure point-earner, Congress reserve champion, and top-10 World (three different sires). In other words, this filly has some major breeding behind her.

Price very negotiable to youth show home!"

I have her priced at $500, but honestly, I care more about getting her into a good home than about getting anything monetary out of her. Although I could sure use it, the satisfaction of having a horse have a great home is so much better than money can buy!!

I'll continue training on her and see what I can get done so when she's placed she'll be a nice, easy filly for someone to enjoy. She already is as she's halter broke, leads, has been trailered, and had a fly mask put on daily, so she's used to being handled, groomed, and messed with in general. She's incredibly well bred and is a cute, cute mover (I really see her as a hunter-type). Look past the sorrel solid and you'll see she's really a high-quality filly.

I also have a friend who has a DR APHA/AQHA white son of the late, great GQ Santana for sale. He's been started under saddle and is still a stallion. If I remember right, he is Page Impressive bred on the bottom as well (this is a great producing line). I'll find out all the details, but he is only $1000! Located near Springfield, MO. He's a steal, folks. Seriously. Buy him and adopt Patience and you'd have one heck of a nice start there!

Another friend of mine near Tulsa has this mare for sale: "1995 APHA mare - Impressive on top / Skipper W on the bottom, 15.3 possibly 16 hands. Nice mover. She is N/N and positive for the lethal gene. We have not bred her - she is open for early breeding in 2010. She has ROM's in both Open and Amateur Halter. $500 OBO She currently has a yearling showing in CA." Again, another steal.

I also know of a gorgeous, miracle solid bay filly that needs a home in the southwest. Also, some really nice horses in Texas, Missouri, and Kansas as well for sale. Looking for anything? Let me know!!

Let's face it, the market is in the crapper. Let's work together to find good homes for these horses we love. Contact me about any of these horses, or feel free to email me with your own horses in need of placement!

No comments: