Monday, September 7, 2009

WHEW!!

What a crazy last few days it has been!! Friday I went down to Pratt and picked up my car. I love it--it's going to save me so much in money and wear and tear on my truck, and it's a nice little car! Pratt is my hometown, by the way--it's where I spent almost my entire childhood. The town's claim to fame is this:

Yes, that's right. They have "Hot" and "Cold" water towers. Hardee har harrrrrrr.

Had a nice lunch with dad and my sister and I stopped by Darlene at Painted Prairie Farm on the way back. Dar has some super nice horses for sale at fire sale prices. I have seen these horses first hand and let me tell you, it is REALLY hard not to bring a bunch of them home (although that would have been a little difficult in the civic :) Please click HERE to visit her website!

Saturday night was a blast! My friend Jennifer came down from Nebraska, and her sister Kristina and I went out to Jardine's Jazz club near the Plaza. The Brandon Draper Quintet was playing.


I got to have one of my favorite drinks, a pomegranite martini.


We listened to the amazing live jazz performance, had our drinks, then headed down to the Cheesecake Factory for something to eat. We were able to be seated out on the patio and it was such a gorgeous night. We weren't all that hungry so luckily Jennifer shares my love of sushi, so we shared the Ahi Temura roll--it was magnificent! I highly recommend it.

I got home at about 12:30am for the second night in a row. I haven't done that since I was in college! Well, since it was my birthday I guess it's as good an excuse as any to act like a kid again. I've decided I'm not going to get any older. I refuse to. I'm sticking at 33 and no one can tell me any different. I refuse to be 34. Just not gonna happen....

Sunday wasn't any calmer, surprisingly, since I didn't have anything planned. My ex-husband called me saying he was in town and he thought he'd stop by and finally get the rest of his stuff. It's only been two years! LOL Oh well, we had a nice chat and caught up on things. He got to see Paula again after 2 and a half years. He didn't hardly recognize her she had grown so much! He was the one who had named her--she was born while we were out of town for his birthday. As much as he didn't ever get too attached to the horses, she was special to him in some way, so it was good he got to see her again.
This is my ex and I in Korea, before he was my ex, of course. No regrets, though, I think for either of us. Things always have a way of turning out for the best and both our lives seem to be heading in positive directions. Can't complain about that!

Spencer hadn't even left my house yet when I got a call on my computer armoire. I forgot I even had the ad up still, but I made arrangements for them to look at it and when they got here they immediately wanted it, so it all turned out. It was just way too big and bulky for me anymore. They're practically neighbors and they invited me to team penning! How fun would that be?! Not only did I get the piece sold but I met some new horse-people nearby, so yet another cool visit today.

They had the cutest little boy and girl. The girl had long, red hair with curls--she was adorable! The little boy told me all about the mutton-busting he won at the fair. Poor kids, though--Samson got a little too friendly and slobbers were everywhere.

Poor Samson, no one wanted any sloppy kisses....

Then, they hadn't even pulled out of the driveway and Peggy, my ex-neighbor and landlord's mom called. Have I mentioned she's terrific? Just for the record, she's FABULOUS! Anyway, we had a really nice chat. I told her about Samson being clinically depressed for a week after she left. She told me about her trip out to the Grande Canyon. I sure miss her out here. I know Samson does. My new neighbors are nice, but Peggy really ended up being a good friend....

So, I finally get to my blog at 1am on Monday. Tomorrow should be a pretty hectic day, too. I might, just might, have a special little surprise coming tomorrow. Stay tuned....

No comments: