Thursday, September 10, 2009

Charlie

I rarely post much about Charlie, my Australian Shepherd. It's not because he's any less special than my other dogs, but I think only because he's so sweet, quiet, and well-behaved, that he doesn't demand quite as much attention as the others do.

So tonight, it's all about Charlie.

I got Charlie in 2003 from a Kansas City rescue organization that is sadly no longer in business (or I can't find any of their information anymore, anyway). He used to be a show dog, but was too timid to do well showing, so they wanted to find a good home for him.


He still knows the moves, by the way. It took me 3 years to teach him to sit, though....


Layla, my Sheltie I had at the time, came with me to meet Charlie. They sniffed noses and immediately laid down beside each other like they had known each other their entire lives. Charlie was part of the family from that point on.

Charlie and Layla loved each other. They really did. They were the best pair of dogs that ever existed (I have absolutely no doubts about that).

Sadly, last year we lost Layla. Charlie and I mourned together. We both did ok, but it was tough. We spent lots of time together, relaxing at the park.


Charlie likes to lay around anyway, even if it's on me!

Then we got a little new addition to our family and named her Sophie. Our lives would never be the same. Charlie wasn't too sure at first. It took some coaxing to get him to warm up to the idea...

But soon Charlie was a happy camper again, Sophie and all.

Sophie and Charlie began to get used to one another, and soon they were snooze'n buds.


And they still are....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww thats cute

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute dogs, and I'm sorry you lost Layla.

-Mark