Sunday, September 27, 2009

Morning in the Pasture

I thought for a change I'd better actually talk about the horses for once :)

I've been so swamped and have so much left to do, but this morning was absolutely gorgeous, and morning is always such a great time to take pictures. The kids are all so disheveled and ungroomed, but we can just call this grouping, "Rose Valley Ranch Herd a la Natural."

Paula thinks behind the pole we can't see her. I didn't tell her any differently.


Eek, I've been spotted!

Figures these two are always the first up....

Swine horses.

"Food?"

Then the boss lady shows up.

JJ can be called a lot of things, but never call him "Late for Dinner."

Eventually most of them give up on me when they see no bucket near me.

Most, anyway. Laramie is apparently ready for her close-up.

These two...you can't tell they're brother and sister or anything.

Laramie has "Vogue" playing in her head: "Strike the pose....Vogue."


She even has Bambi and Paula playing along.
"Vogue...."


Paula and her brother JJ--he is going to end up a nice looking gelding, I think!


I submit to the jury, photographic evidence that Paula is a pushy broad.


She's the only one who never gives up hope that I'm hiding a morsel of food for her.

No comments: