Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Speaking of Great Homes....

A couple of years ago I gave this beautiful mare away to my dear friend Vicki Morgan.

I gave Sully to Vicki because Sully came very close to being yet another slaughter statistic (she was being prepped for the truck when LaDonna King came to her rescue). It was obvious in speaking to Sully's former owners that they had gotten in way over their heads. Sully is no novice owner's horse! She's incredibly smart and will take any advantage she can get away with, which caused her to be seen as a dangerous horse and treated as such. Nothing could be further from the truth, though. Sully is actually very kind and sweet, but you have to let her know that you're just as smart as she is to get to that level, though :) With such a complicated mare who had been so much, I feel like I won the lottery with Vicki giving her such a good home.

By the way, Sully's picture above is after spending a year with Vicki. Yowzers! I think when I die I want to come back as one of Vicki's horses.

Anyway, Vicki not only repayed me in giving Sully such a fabulous home, but she also gave me Sully's fabulous baby (by Eddie)--JJ!
Now that I'm working on finding Patience a good home (I hope I get as lucky as I have with Vicki, Kim, Sandra, etc), it's time to get JJ gelded so he won't get lonely. Our appointment with the vet is Monday. After that he'll be able to join the girls.

Shhh...don't tell the girls!

I just can't seem to quantify how excited I am about this next new chapter for my little ranch. Having no stallions or babies--just maturing, non-breeding horses, in training and going to shows and such--is going to be such a fun (and less stressful) time. I know in my heart JJ is going to make such a very fun show gelding.
And that's really what I'm looking for more in my life now--more fun!!

And I think JJ is in full agreement (the big goober).

1 comment:

Vectormom said...

Godspeed on JJ's 'brain' surgery! Get well quick and fill up the other brain for shows!! LOL!